Translate

THE DIARY OF A CHICK WHO WALKED AWAY FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THE CULT)

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I don’t need an introduction.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE FAT

My Body Is A Bugatti Veyron

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is because they trade what they want most, for what they want in the moment.  Anonymous

My mom made homemade ice cream today.  Strawberry, loaded with sugar and cream.  Although I am not a big fan of creamy anything, I positively adore ice cream.  I love the stuff so much, I find it hard to resist.  I won't keep in my own place, but we are sharing a house to cut expenses, so my commitment to fitness is challenged on a daily basis.

She loves desserts and, at sixty three, eats what she wants, when she wants to because she no longer cares if she's hot (somehow, she remains small).  Yay for her.  I, on the other hand, have been distracted lately by indulging in momentary cravings, and the death of my sex life.  Even though it's hard, I gotta say no to ice cream, and get back to working o

Believe me, I eat dessert, but not whenever I want to because life's way more fun when you're a smoking, hot chick.  If it where up to me, I'd eat something sweet every day.  Unfortunately, I cannot have a tight, sexy body AND eat ice cream.  Thems the breaks. I've tried lots of diets in search of the easier, softer way, but this is the only thing that truly works for me. 

My weight became an issue when I hit puberty at age fourteen.  Raging hormones, combined with discovering pot too early began a yo-yo dieting cycle that haunted me for years.  I went from being a skinny, active kid to a joint smoking, munchies monster within a year.  My friends and I would smoke weed, then stuff our faces with Doritos, ice cream and whatever else we felt like eating.  I'd binge myself sick, then wonder why I was fat.  *doh* 

And so the war with my body began.  I became obsessed with food, and how to manage my weight, without any clue that I was cheating myself out of a goal that is really quite simple to accomplish, once a few decisions are made.

Battle lines were drawn, my body was my enemy.  I read every single diet book I could find, becoming an expert in nutrition and fitness.  I tried no carb diets, lo carb diets, all carb diets, all fruit diets, smoothie diets, vegetarian diets, liquid diets.  I spent a fortune on all the latest fads.

When I got desperate, I flirted with anorexia, bulimia, diet pills, and compulsive exercising.  All the while, my size would fluctuate dramatically from a zero to my biggest, fourteen.  The insanity finally ended when I asked myself WHAT DO I WANT? 

That's really what it all boils down to, isn't it? 

What do I want?  And, how do I get it?  When it comes to health and fitness, there is only ONE CHOICE for me.  I want a sexy, tight body, so I have to do what it takes to get it and keep it.  The solution has been said a million times in just as many ways; eat right and exercise.  It ain't rocket science, in spite of what the latest diet craze would have us believe.

The fact of the matter is, no one has the luxury of staying in shape without proper diet and exercise.  NO ONE.  Eating whatever I want, whenever I want is foolish, if I want to stay hot. 

Once I figured out that I am in control of myself and my life, I decided I need to conquer my battle with weight once, and for all.  How do I do that?  For me, experience is perception, created by my thoughts.  Over the years, my beliefs about food, my body and what I wanted were consumed by my desire to be skinny, but conflicted by what I was actually eating.

Let's face it, a pint of Ben and Jerry's won't help anyone get in shape.  My biggest problem was that I was always going to start a DIET on Monday.  This carried on for years and years.  The first order of business for me to change my body was to alter my perception.  I threw out the word DIET. 

Just think about DIET for a second.  How does that word make you feel?  It makes me feel POWERLESS.  I may as well call it "DYING FOR IT," because that is what's really going on for me when I am trying to restrict calories, or whatever the latest article tells me to do to lose weight.  That word sucks.  I don't know about you, but my DIETS always started on Monday and ended buy Tuesday night with a smorgasbord of whatever I was craving, usually lots of cookies and ice cream.  GAWD, I am a sucker for ice cream!

I am a failure at DIETS, so that word has been replaced in my mind with LIVE IT.

Next, I had to figure out an eating plan that would work for me FOREVER.  Keeping in mind my desire to stay smoking hot, I had to come up with a way to think about my body that would separate my feelings from my actions.  These days, I compare my body to a car that needs fuel and maintenance to stay on the road.  It's simply a matter of deciding what kind of car I want to BE.  My body is a Bugatti Veyron, deserving of the highest quality fuel and maintenance available. 

In spite of what the grossly rich, yet fraudulent diet industry wants you to believe, we need ALL nutrients to maintain healthy bodies, including CARBOHYDRATES, which are the body's primary source of fuel and a vital nutrient for the brain.  I encourage you to take some time to learn about how our bodies utilize nutrients, then figure out what you like to eat.

If you're answer is the greasy fast food joint up the street, just know you've settled on a driving a shit box you hope will make it from point A to point B.  

Most days, I eat the same things to keep it simple.  Breakfast is either a high quality protein shake with fresh fruit, or high protein and fiber cereal with fresh fruit, typically a banana.  I alternate lunch and dinner with salads, sandwiches and soups made with various produce, lean protein, low fat dairy and high density carbohydrates.  I use my fist as a guide for portion size, having one serving of each food group for breakfast lunch and dinner, with two snacks made up of a a serving of protein with a serving of fruit or vegetables.

Boring as hell, but it's fuel.  I LIVE A LOT because of the way I chose to eat, food is nothing more than a foundation for the full, happy, energized and very satisfied existence clean eating guarantees.  LIVE IT.

Food is fuel that nourishes my body for life, and I find my energy level remains steady with small meals spread  throughout the day.  I eat whenever I am hungry, no matter what time it is.  It usually works out to five or six mini meals a day, depending how late I stay up.  Aside from a giant  cup of coffee in the morning, the only thing I drink is spring water.  I keep a 32 oz glass bottle with me at all times to stay hydrated.

Although I am an exceptional cook, I prefer to spend my time doing other things, so I eat simple meals requiring little to no preparation.  I choose to eat certified organic food the way mother nature made it, since mass production has destroyed our ability to grow nutrient dense produce.  Just to give you an example, you would need about ten of today's oranges to replace the nutrients found in ONE fifty years ago.  Sure, it pisses me off to have to pay more for food grown right, but that's the way it is today.

I supplement my diet with Real Food Organics Vitamins, and Nordic Natural Ultimate Omega Fish Oils, dividing my daily dose in half to stay nourished and energized all the time.  I take calcium in plant form, so it's easily assimilated by my body to support my bones.  Since when do humans digest coral calcium?  Really?  Just sayin.'

Once a week I give myself permission indulge in a favorite food, if I want to.  A lot of times I'll forget about my cheat day, because I just don't crave crap anymore.  One of the greatest gifts provided by clean eating is an endless amount of energy that kills any appeal for sugary or fried foods.  That stuff just weighs me down.  My diet is simple to maintain. 

Skinny isn't enough for me.  I want shapely muscles, that takes WORK, but not as much as people think.  Twenty minutes of intense bursts of exercise three to four times a week is all a person needs to stay fit!  The only hurdle is picking a plan and sticking to it, no matter what.  Three weeks is all it takes to make or break a habit.  Changing thoughts and behavior is easier than most of us would believe. 

Mornings are the best time for me to workout because I can talk myself out of exercise in three seconds, if I have time to think about it.  It's the first thing I do with my day.  I really enjoy the feeling of waking up in movement.  Oh, how I prefer sex, but a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do.  I reward myself with a smiley face sticker on the paper calendar that hangs in my office every time I work-out.  Progress is quick, when I track results.
 
It's not always easy to stay on top of my game, especially when life gets in the way; however I want to live every day like I mean it, so I keep my priorities in order.  Life rules when you're hot.  Gone are the days when I would cry in frustration because I'd outgrown another pair of my favorite jeans.  Saying "no" to ice cream has changed my life in ways I never considered.  Now, I gotta get back to exercise (since I am not having SEX - wwwaahh!), because LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE FAT!


DeConstrucor's Comment In Response to LETTER TO MY "FRIENDS" IN AA (page above)

"Brav fucking O.....Standing O fucking Vation. Or perhaps the Charlie Daniels quote from the Geico commercial of "thats how you do it son"

That was incredible.

Reminded me a little of "the letter" at the end of the Breakfast Club (perhaps the greatest movie ever)

Keep it up, dont be afraid to kick them in the teeth once in a while.

Always remember that its the misfits, the rebels, and the troublemakers that are the ones that change the world."

He post the following video at the end of his comment.

Thank you, my friend.
I am both Flattered and HONORED.
*STINKIN THINKAS UNITE!*


*This Video is here to support Decon's Words, not OBAMA (or any politician for that matter, since I've never been allowed to vote) Sincerely, Go-Go Rach.