Translate

THE DIARY OF A CHICK WHO WALKED AWAY FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THE CULT)

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I don’t need an introduction.

Friday, February 17, 2012

IT'S GOTTA SUCK TO BE *YOU* - updated

THE FINAL VIPER

First of all, let me begin by saying that not everyone in my life has screwed me over.

In fact, more often than not, I find people to be wonderful and kind. I have loads of friends all over the world whom I positively adore and they me.

This blog is not about EVERYONE in my life.

It is about the people who wronged me.

I write these stories because I need to.

Also, I hope to empower others, who have been through the same crap with people.

I want them to know they are not alone, will survive and thrive, in spite of it all.

Just like I do.

Based on the amount of people who write with big thanks to me, I'd say I'm doing my part.

Now. Let's talk about what happened with THE FINAL VIPER.

Anyone who follows me on twitter, is friends with me on Facebook, or reads this blog, knows what brought me to North Carolina to begin with.

You also know that THE FINAL VIPER seemed to come out of nowhere with the perfect solution for me to get out of Lost Wages, where I was brutalized beyond belief.

And she said she had two bedroom apartment for rent just outside ASHEVILLE, with transportation, a community rich with writers and artists whom she would introduce me to, with multiple resources available (shrinks, etc) to get back on my feet.

To me and everyone else in my life, this sounded like a dream come true! 

Little did I know, another bad dream was just beginning when I trust someone I only knew online to provide a safe, comfortable place for me to get back on my feet, after the worst period of my life.

We had several conversations on the phone about the vacant, mother-in-law apartment in her home.

In order to make sure this the right move for me to make, I practically grilled her about every single detail, since I was at the end of my rope. I desperately needed a safe situation.

She made it seem more than ideal.

Coming from California, I was thrilled to hear that she was only gonna charge me $450, plus utilities for rent! I was shocked to hear such a low number, since rents have sky rocked in San Diego to nearly $800 for a roommate situation! I was totally stoked to have my own place for so little!

My own TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT?

*wicked happiest dance eva!*

Finally, I thought, everything would be OKAY!

From the moment we agreed, I had visions of how great it would be to be with my "bestie." I couldn't wait to relocate, get a job and get back to LIVING THE DREAM. I imagined we might put together a show or become writing partners.

My imagination went wild with ideas about what I could do with the extra room.

Someday, I hoped, I would be able to retrieve my stuff from my "mom's" place, where I left my massive book collection and every single thing I needed to set up an office in the second bedroom.

Or, maybe I would get a roommate to cut the rent in half;  a great way to save as much money as possible. Cash is the only thing that would have saved me from the hell I just went through. I planned to earn LOTS OF IT.

She said it "needed paint" and warned that they wouldn't be able to get it done in time for my arrival, with short notice. I agreed that was fair enough.

I mean, who cares about paint, since I was finally gonna be SAFE, right? (so I thought).

With sheer joy I offered my house painting skills and thought we'd do it together, after I moved in.

Again, as far as I knew, I had all the information I needed to make this move.

I began applying for jobs online and I looked up Canton, which seemed to be just outside Asheville, as she said. I assumed it would be no problem, since we agreed to month to month terms, I could always move out, after I got back on my feet.

Everyone in my life pulled together to make this relocation happen, while I suffered through a piece of shit's idea of "life lessons" and was locked out of the weekly he rents TWICE before I left Sin Shitty!

Yep.

That dickhead with a Napoleon complex forced me to sleep outside, TWICE!

I put my trust in "a friend" to do research I wish I'd done myself. Remember, I was in a situation where I was repeatedly traumatized. I expected she would make certain I would be set up in the best way possible in a situation where I would be able to fend for myself, since I was under the impression she wanted to HELP ME.

IN TURN, I WOULD HELP HER, TOO.

Unfortunately, as I found out very quickly, this woman is only concerned with HELPING HERSELF.
 
*ahem*

My father agreed to Western Union the rent and one hundred dollars extra to get me through the initial transition.

Like all of us, he had the expectation that I was making a good decision to live with another woman, who I thought I'd built a "relationship" with over the course of nearly one year.
She seemed to be so sweet and nice ONLINE.

My father made it clear to me that this was the last time he would be able to help me. I assured him that I understood. I was very grateful for his help. I couldn't wait for us finally develop the relationship that was stolen from us, so many years ago. I looked forward to never needing to ask him for financial help again. 

So did he.

After a nightmare trip on the bus, I arrived in Asheville, where I was picked up by the FINAL VIPER'S husband at the Grey Hound bus terminal in Asheville, since she had to work.  I found him to be incredibly nice, good looking and I was excited to spend time with the family I'd been told so much about.

We stopped at the local Western Union/Grocery store, where I picked up the money my dad sent and promptly paid rent to husband, without a second thought.

This was mistake #1.

Next, he encouraged me to do some shopping, since we were at a grocery store. I picked up the things I usually eat, then was absolutely FLOORED when my bill was nearly $70!

I considered returning the items I bought, but I'd starved many times in Las Vegas. I truly looked forward to eating some good food. I was left with $30 to live on, until I found work.

This was mistake #2.

As we drove along the interstate, I wondered where the hell we were going. It took so long, that I thought he was taking me on a sight-seeing tour! Just as I was about to ask to be brought to my new "home," we finally arrived at a CANTON exit.

After nearly thirty minutes, we pulled into the driveway. Husband said "we're home!" I was concerned about the distance, yet I (foolishly) trust "my friend" complicity I shrugged off concern with excitement, as we walked through an overgrown yard, to my new front door.

My joy fell by the wayside as soon as I was inside.

HORRIFIED is a mild term to describe how I felt when I saw the filthy, run down DUMP, I'd traveled across the country to live in!

What the?

Not only did the apartment need paint, it also was completely unfinished, filthy and had not been cleaned since she threw her mother in law out a year prior.

Everywhere I looked, there was either dirt, scum, or openings full of bugs! 

The entire place stunk like mildew, which I suspect explains my new incessant sinus problems.

Every room was full of layers of grime.

The stove had a greasy scum all over the range 

Inside the oven was a layer of black soot and caked on food.

The living room had a gaping hole that was covered in plastic.

The new drywall was still dingy grey, which contrasted the shit brown, peeling paint on the walls of the living room.

I held my breath as I toured the rest of the place.

The bedrooms had spider eggs and windows that won't close, due to years of neglect.

The front bedroom had a gaping hole that exposed the dust, beams and insulation.. The opening was covered with spider webs - AND SPIDERS!

Anyone who knows me, including THE FINAL VIPER, is well aware I am only afraid of TWO THINGS in LIFE:

THE PIGS.

And, SPIDERS!

The bathroom was sickening. 

The tub had a black ring of soap scum, was full of dead bugs and the faucets were taped to the wall, with the same silver duct tape that held up the ceiling! The lame patch up was obviously old, because the tape hung from the edge of the cardboard-like white boards that covered God knows what?

I thought I may vomit.

I did my best to fight off the panic attacks I've grown accustomed to, after all the trauma I'd just been through, while I did everything I could to keep my composure. My heart beat feverishly, while I tried not to hyperventilate.

My eyes welled with tears as I walked her husband to the door.  With a quick good bye, I shut the door without a receipt for rent paid, a lease agreement or any keys. All of which husband brushed off, with his promise that things were "laid back around here."

Um. Okay.

Stupid, beat-up me...in shock, I fell to the middle of the most grotesque living room I'd ever seen, curled up in in the fetal position, while I bawled my fucking eyes out.

I had been DUPED AGAIN.

Under any other circumstance, I would have demanded my rent money back and a ride to a hotel in ASHEVILLE, where I was led to believe I was moving close to.

I bit my tongue because this woman was supposed to be my "FRIEND," while I wondered why she hadn't even bothered to clean the shit hole in the middle of the freaking country I was now stuck with.

My panic attack mounted, as Tosltoy snarfed around for food that was sure to be somewhere on the filthy kitchen floor.

Repulsed, I thought, okay, maybe this is how they roll in North Carolina.

Needless to say, I was disappointed, confused and very angry.

In an effort to save face, I said nothing, while I tried to brush it off with the belief that we'd all  work together to clean the place up, after I got a job.

This was mistake #3

And, all I've got time for today.

***UPDATE:

Essentially, this woman lied to me, then stole my dad's money for her late mortgage payment, with full expectation that he would continue to pay my rent, while I suffered in a situation where I was unable to fend for myself, with the attitude of "oh well, sucks to be Rach."

When I stood up to her about the fact that she robbed me of the last leg up I would ever receive in the cruelest possible way, she lied to police, stole my rent money and put Tolstoy and I out in the streets in the middle of CANTON, with nowhere to go or way to get anywhere.

Look for the blow by blow version in my soon to be traditionally published book: VIPERIZE ME. For now, the only one "in need" is THE FINAL VIPER for another sucker to pay her far behind, more than she will ever be able to afford, mortgage payment.

RENTER'S BEWARE!
All I can say is...


  



FOLLOW @gogorach on twitter!

Please "Like" Go-Go Rach on FACEBOOK!

DeConstrucor's Comment In Response to LETTER TO MY "FRIENDS" IN AA (page above)

"Brav fucking O.....Standing O fucking Vation. Or perhaps the Charlie Daniels quote from the Geico commercial of "thats how you do it son"

That was incredible.

Reminded me a little of "the letter" at the end of the Breakfast Club (perhaps the greatest movie ever)

Keep it up, dont be afraid to kick them in the teeth once in a while.

Always remember that its the misfits, the rebels, and the troublemakers that are the ones that change the world."

He post the following video at the end of his comment.

Thank you, my friend.
I am both Flattered and HONORED.
*STINKIN THINKAS UNITE!*


*This Video is here to support Decon's Words, not OBAMA (or any politician for that matter, since I've never been allowed to vote) Sincerely, Go-Go Rach.