Translate

THE DIARY OF A CHICK WHO WALKED AWAY FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THE CULT)

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I don’t need an introduction.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

PEOPLE DON'T SUCK

Okay, so I know I said I am looking for LOVE last week; however, I am already over the idea of a boyfriend! That one date was enough to make me realize that I am no place to be looking right now!

I'll pick up where I left off, at some later date, to be determined by THE UNIVERSE!

Instead, I've decided to write, work and save money to ensure I am able to take care of myself from here on out.

As much as I miss men, I need to focus on ME and learning to trust other people again.

The "me" part is coming together, one step at a time.

In spite of my misgivings, all the people in my life continue to surprise me with love, compassion and kindness that restores my hope in humanity.

Every one of these folks support and encourage me, even when I screw up, freak out, or assume they don't have my best interest at heart.

My friends are here for me because they believe in me. These people continue to teach me, through their example, how to forgive and move on.

Since I left THE CULT, I've had to depend on strangers to help me along the way. Over time, these strangers have become friends who continue to impress me with their sincere desire to help.

My bestie opened her home to provide me with an apartment in the mountains where I was able to unwind and catch my breath after everything I just went through.

The experience of meeting her, hanging out with her and getting to know her has been an absolute gift!

I'll be forever grateful for our friendship and the opportunity she extended to me to finally get out of SIN SHITTY!

Her generosity literally saved my life!

Big FAT thanks, lady!

Tolstoy and I are safe, happy and meet new people every time we go for a walk in the lush, green hills of North Carolina. The residents here are hard-working, sincere and very nice!

My little man is loving life and so am I!

Things are finally turning around for Go-Go Rach!

Since I relocated to the country, my only concern has been how I would find a job here, without a car. Things are spread out and public transit hasn't been as simple as I'd hoped.

As luck would have it, I stumbled across the perfect opportunity!

One of my wonderful neighbors is in need of a personal assistant and a driver, since the "law" took her license for a D.W.I. a while back. She is also a victim of THE CULT and it's POWERLESSNESS ideology that kills.

Drunk driving is a consequence of substance abuse. Anyone who does this ought to lose their driving privilege. This is a reasonable punishment, but a mandate to go to Alcoholics Anonymous is NOT, especially when a person doesn't want to!.

My new boss hates THE CULT, she refused to go to a 12 Step rehab or meetings, as was ordered by the court. Like a lot of us, she'd already been there, done that, without success. She was not willing to subject herself to the thirteen stepping predators in the rooms, even if it meant more trouble for her.

As she describes it, "they wouldn't keep their damn hands to themselves!"

Per usual, the sickos who populate 12 Step meetings invaded her boundaries with no respect or regard for her MARRIAGE!

She told her probation officer "You go to A.A.! See how you like it! I ain't goin'!"

Her consequence for standing up to the abuse was losing her child.

YEP.

D.S.S. tore her family apart because she did not agree. Her twelve year old son now lives with her sister in Colorado, where the family gets together once a year during the holidays. Their communication happens via long distance phone calls and letters. 

A mother lost her boy, who has been forced to grow up without her and her husband who are sincerely amazing because she refused to submit to a program that doesn't work for her (or anyone).

How is this right or fair?

I'm the first person in her life to say, "GOOD FOR YOU!"

She drinks because she likes it, but was taught that she is useless due to how she won't get sober for anyone.

As she puts it, she works hard and her beer makes her happy.

Imagine her surprise when I told her what I tell everyone: YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO DO, including driving drunk, ever again! I gave her permission to take care of herself and her life, as everyone deserves to.

In spite of her pain over the control THE CULT has when it comes to rehab and the LIES, she somehow manages herself and her business very well.

Everything happens for a reason.
 
She's hired me to assist her in her cleaning business, where I will work and take her where she needs to go.

Her and her husband are wonderful.

The things that happened to them over her D.W.I. are a tragedy, that needs to be stopped!

I'm happy to work for her in exchange for room, board, a car to drive and a paycheck!

She is ecstatic to know another woman who walked away.

*STINKIN-THINKERS UNITE!*

We will help each other!

I couldn't be more excited about the chance to help another person move on from a living death! I'll get my North Carolina license on Monday and be driving anywhere and everywhere she and I need to go, including to a lawyer to get her son back with his Momma, where he belongs!

Life's incredible, isn't it?

Never, in a million years, would I ever believe strangers would be so kind. Compassion, love and team work truly do exist! I'm blessed.

PEOPLE DON'T SUCK!

See ya on Tuesday, peeps!

'Till Then!





Follow @gogorach on the Twitter! 
"Like" Go-Go Rach on the Facebook
Why not pre-order your copy of my ebook, "VIPERIZE 
  

DeConstrucor's Comment In Response to LETTER TO MY "FRIENDS" IN AA (page above)

"Brav fucking O.....Standing O fucking Vation. Or perhaps the Charlie Daniels quote from the Geico commercial of "thats how you do it son"

That was incredible.

Reminded me a little of "the letter" at the end of the Breakfast Club (perhaps the greatest movie ever)

Keep it up, dont be afraid to kick them in the teeth once in a while.

Always remember that its the misfits, the rebels, and the troublemakers that are the ones that change the world."

He post the following video at the end of his comment.

Thank you, my friend.
I am both Flattered and HONORED.
*STINKIN THINKAS UNITE!*


*This Video is here to support Decon's Words, not OBAMA (or any politician for that matter, since I've never been allowed to vote) Sincerely, Go-Go Rach.