Translate

THE DIARY OF A CHICK WHO WALKED AWAY FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THE CULT)

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I don’t need an introduction.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

GREY HOUND BUS SUCKS ASS!

"Let us do the driving for you!" (as long as you don't mind that it will take FOREVER and we are gonna abuse the shit out of you and grossly mishandle and LOSE your belongings!!)

Every single time I think the nightmare that is my life will end, it GETS FUCKING WORSE!

As if I hadn't already lost ENOUGH, I've now LOST IT ALL.

You know, between CUNTESSA and the VIPERS I've met along the way, I'm down to next to nothing.

I no longer have a single piece of furniture left from my fully furnished two bedroom apartment on the beach in San Diego. My mom stole it all, then the scum bags at Budget Suites helped themselves to my electronics, including my prized digital camera, which comes in quite handy for a blogger. *GAH*

Now that I made the mistake of choosing Grey Hound Bus as my method of escape from Vegas, I've lost EVERYTHING, including all of my most favorite items. I gotta tell you guys, I am really bummed out. It is just material things, but they were mine and nothing sucks worse than to have things stolen from you.

Especially EVERYTHING.

Due to lack of space, I had to choose wisely for my cross country trip. I made a point to bring all of my favorite things, including my Frye boots, brown and black platform shoes, jewelry, roller blades, and all of my beloved make-up collection. I had way too many bags, but a lady at the Vegas terminal promised to help me.

She took five bags, full of my treasures, then packed them in a box marked ASHEVILLE, with the promise it would meet me at the terminal when I arrived on Saturday, August 9.

My trip was nothing short of an absolute NIGHTMARE from the first second I stepped into the bus depot. The place was packed with disgruntled customers who thought nothing of passing my collection of bags up in favor of moving forward in line, while I stood there, frozen, in the worst panic attack I've ever had. I felt lost and overwhelmed because I've never traveled on Grey Hound..

It goes without saying, I'll never use them again. EVER.

The problem with Grey Hound is that they sell more tickets than they have seats, which forces everyone to be stuck in stations across the country, while frustrated, rude drivers scream at passengers to "hurry up!" The whole experience made me miss that one time, when I was first arrested for bank robbery in Dallas, then spent 18 days in extradition to Maine, where we committed the crime.

At least us prisoners were fed, showered and given a bed in between cities. This is not so, when one is foolish enough to sign up for a ride on Grey Hound. I spent most of the trip starving, filthy and wishing the whole horrible experience would end.

Convicts are treated better.

A day and a half trip took five days, only because I took up a stranger's offer to stay at her sister's house in Knoxville, then drive to Asheville with her and her mother, instead of riding the bus for another torturous minute. I couldn't bear the risk that the three tickets I had left could turn into hours sitting in filthy terminals. The night spent at her sister's was desperately needed for an already beat up Go-Go Rach.

It's official, guys. I've lost it all. Grey Hound's claim department caps out at $250, which will not replace ONE PAIR of the shoes they lost, let alone my cosmetics, jewelry, cds, dvd work-out collection, roller blades or yoga mat in it's gorgeous, silk, case made in Hawaii. I am disgusted.

Every time I call these assholes, they act like they could care less.

Because Grey Hound doesn't care.

They are thieves, who extort money from people, then abuse them so much that it ought to be illegal. I would be in jail if I did what they did. They steal from people EVERY DAY and get away with it. This company needs to be accountable to me and the millions of other people they victimize every single day. Take it from me, you are better off taking any other mode of transportation because....


GREY HOUND BUS SUCKS ASS!

UPDATE: On Monday, August17, I spoke with an Asheville agent who was very compassionate, nice and willing to help find my things. He said he'd send an email to every bus station from here to Las Vegas in search of my belongings.

Today is Wednesday, August 17. I am thrilled to let you all know that Grey Hound was able to locate everything, except my yoga mat, but they are still working on it.

Update 8/16/2011 My box was opened along the way. My favorite cds, work-out dvds yoga mat and some of my cosmetics were stolen! I have to fill out an inspection report, then turn it into the station to report the missing items. There are two Davids at the Asheville Station. One is an an angel, the other an asshole! I made a complaint about the asshole and hope like hell I can deal with the angel.

I'm thrilled beyond belief, but must still admonish this company for their practice of over-booking, which really is the worst part of it all. If they would stop doing this, they would lose less baggage and customers. I'll never ride another bus for travel as long as I live. This was a wretched experience that I am thrilled to put behind me! Grey Hound still gets TWO THUMBS DOWN from Go-Go Rach!

'Till Next Time,

  




Follow @gogorach on THE TWITTER! 
"Like" Go-Go Rach on THE FACEBOOK 

DeConstrucor's Comment In Response to LETTER TO MY "FRIENDS" IN AA (page above)

"Brav fucking O.....Standing O fucking Vation. Or perhaps the Charlie Daniels quote from the Geico commercial of "thats how you do it son"

That was incredible.

Reminded me a little of "the letter" at the end of the Breakfast Club (perhaps the greatest movie ever)

Keep it up, dont be afraid to kick them in the teeth once in a while.

Always remember that its the misfits, the rebels, and the troublemakers that are the ones that change the world."

He post the following video at the end of his comment.

Thank you, my friend.
I am both Flattered and HONORED.
*STINKIN THINKAS UNITE!*


*This Video is here to support Decon's Words, not OBAMA (or any politician for that matter, since I've never been allowed to vote) Sincerely, Go-Go Rach.