Translate

THE DIARY OF A CHICK WHO WALKED AWAY FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THE CULT)

My photo
Boston, MA, United States
I don’t need an introduction.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

JUST LIKE THAT


What's Shaking, Peeps?

Long time, yes?


I know. As I sit here, finally in front of another laptop that belongs to me, I wonder where, exactly to start? 

Obviously, the beginning was a little bit...sketchy, as was the middle and, life will show us where my road will end.

For now, I am...happy. Very. Very. HAPPY.

I'm happy for a sense of understanding. I'm happy for a sense of belonging. I'm happy for a sense of accepting the longing of no longer longing for what was. Today, I'm grateful for what IS.

My life is, finally, my own.

My life is, finally, something that is GREAT.

My life is FULL.

So full, in fact, that it's been hard to find the time to get to doing what I do best: WRITE.

I've got so much to do...a zillion profiles to fix. As I said in my last post, I'm over the anti-twelve step movement and, frankly, all of the people still in it.

This, of course, is not to say that this cause is not one that will forever be stapled to my heart. Ending the predominant ideology regarding the treatment of substance abuse was my original purpose, after-all.

I'd say I did quite well with that assignment. Wouldn't you?

Five years later, it brings joy to my heart to see a movement I started with few pioneers explode into what it is today: common knowledge.

It's simply awesome! 

*Yay us!*

What's not awesome is the anger, resentment, self-pity and mostly brainwashed effect that lingers on with folks hurt as badly as me. I get it. I lived it. Now, I'm asking everyone to move past it, like I have.

Yes. A.A. Sucks. I will always believe it steals families, people and lives every single day. It stole mine, without question; however, there are a zillion things that came before that theft - my mother's mental illness. Mine. Yours. Ours.

Now that the truth about the "CULT" is widely known, what needs to happen is CHANGE. 

Remarkable change that begs for much more than a surface riddled with hate, anger and confusion. The change I am talking about calls for more than any "moral inventory" could instigate.

You see, the fact of the matter is substance abuse is not a moral issue, nor it is a "disease" in the sense that the substance (s) is the problem. As we all know, the symptoms are interchangeable. Drugs and alcohol become sex, gambling, eating...insane relocation to Tijuana...yep. I did that.

What I've always believed is human beings are lost in a rat race that means absolutely nothing. Money burns. Stuff gets stolen. People turn on you. 

To quote one of the greatest hearts ever, "what the world needs now is LOVE."

What is love?

Does anyone have a clue anymore?

I think so. Unfortunately, we are too caught up in what boils down to NOTHING to see it.

My new purpose in life is to teach people how to see it.

Be it.

Believe it.

LIVE IT.

Stay tuned.

Until next time,




DeConstrucor's Comment In Response to LETTER TO MY "FRIENDS" IN AA (page above)

"Brav fucking O.....Standing O fucking Vation. Or perhaps the Charlie Daniels quote from the Geico commercial of "thats how you do it son"

That was incredible.

Reminded me a little of "the letter" at the end of the Breakfast Club (perhaps the greatest movie ever)

Keep it up, dont be afraid to kick them in the teeth once in a while.

Always remember that its the misfits, the rebels, and the troublemakers that are the ones that change the world."

He post the following video at the end of his comment.

Thank you, my friend.
I am both Flattered and HONORED.
*STINKIN THINKAS UNITE!*


*This Video is here to support Decon's Words, not OBAMA (or any politician for that matter, since I've never been allowed to vote) Sincerely, Go-Go Rach.