Translate

THE DIARY OF A CHICK WHO WALKED AWAY FROM ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (THE CULT)

My photo

Go-Go Rach  once was a girl whose world was controlled by the idea that she was POWERLESS. After a chain of events, she realized she'd been lied to. Now she does whatever she wants, whenever she wants, with whomever she chooses to do it with.

Her blog chronicles the horrors she experienced in the halls of Alcoholics Anonymous (THE CULT) and the wonderful things she does now that she's escaped. *IF SHE BIT HER TONGUE ANY LONGER, IT WOULD BLEED!*

Her life is pretty GREAT.
#gogorach
#livelikeumeanit
#thatswhatsup


Thursday, January 20, 2011

TWIMP GOES THE FRIENDSHIP


Actions speak louder than words.  Friendships require effort from everyone involved.  If I call you friend, I am going to treat you as such, and I expect the same from you.  One basic thing about friendships, at least to me, is that I will never ask a friend to promote me.

If  you want to, great, but I won't ask you to.  It's just rude, and out of my scope of friendship.
  
Even worse is when someone says they want to be friends, yet the only time I hear from them is when they're twimping themselves.  In plain English, this behavior tells me you are USING me for personal gain.

Honestly, I hate this type the most.  A great example of this behavior is when a person calls you friend, but ignores all the friendly things while they assault you with requests to promote, buy, tweet, or Facebook, their swag.  

This happened twice recently, and I gotta say I'm pretty pissed.  The first was with a woman I thought about working with, the other happened with someone who calls me "friend."  Both incidents where blatant and ended the same way.  In classic Go-Go Rach style, I SLAMMED THE DOOR to my life SHUT.  Adios phony bitches!

One thing I will say is that I'll probably open the door for chick number one because I believe her heart is good.  I'm pretty sure she wants to help people, but she has no clue how to market herself. She tried to get me to do all kinds of things that require payment, out of the kindness of my heart.  This turned me off because I just met her.  I was appalled, but "no" was sufficient.  

Her book is important,  so I did a few simple things to help her, but haven't heard a word from her since.  No biggie.  Phonies will be phony.  However, I reversed my kindness when she spammed the XXX without bothering to get to know anyone over there.

I don't support this kind of behavior EVER.  She's ignorant, but at least she never pretended to be my "friend."   

The second time it happened was with a person who calls me "friend," but  doesn't fit the bill, since  she is the epitome of LIAR AND THIEF.  My friends stay in touch with me, even when they are busy.  Most of them are writers, filmmakers, producers and artists, who are working hard on their success, just like me.  

The people whom I consider friends call, tweet, or facebook in ways that are mutually supportive.  My friends rock, and I love yous!  Unfortunately, some people abuse online relationships to the point of douche bag status, and this woman presents a prime example.

Since I don't fuck around with my life, I'm not afraid to dump people who act this way.  And no, I will not talk to you about it.  Here's a tip, if you want to be my friend, I suggest you leave the spam at the door because self-serving behavior WILL NEVER SIT WELL WITH ME.

It's not rocket science.  If you haven't acted like a friend, and you try to use me, you're gone.  See ya later, BYE. 

Yesterday I cut one of these douche bags out of my life with a quickness.  We met online a few months ago and I thought we had become friends, until she stopped returning my calls, tweets, mentions and messages.  I would have cut her a long time ago, but I've found her dysfunction to be quite entertaining.  

Every single liar I've met is a BIG FAT MESS, since it's next to impossible to juggle the bullshit.  I'll spare her the details, but this chick's life is a trip and I've had quite a few laughs at her expense.  I guess I've used her, too.  

At least I'm honest about it! Too bad I can't say the same for her.  In spite of never hearing from this bitch, she showed up out of nowhere the other night when she realized I'm working with the respected, successful writer, Tom C. on my MS.  She read his brilliant post, then instant messaged me for the first time in weeks.

Since  I'm onto her agenda, I take her with a grain of salt.  I'll be the first to admit, I always love to hear the latest, so we chatted a bit.

Per usual, she went on about her work.  I was in the middle of dealing with the task of letting one of my guest bloggers know that I was going to have to edit his post before I'd be able to publish.  I mentioned it to her because I was a bit stressed about how to accomplish this, without losing a dear friend.   

I told her about the dilemma and my plan to write a short replacement.  She is an opportunist, so I was not surprised when she offered to write the post; however, I found it odd when she had it ready within a few minutes. 

In retrospect, I wonder if she had written the post with the intention of asking for a guest spot on my site, since this is how she rolls.  It's all too convenient for my taste.  Regardless, I was relieved and I thanked her for the "favor."

My gratitude turned to disgust when she insisted I put an obscene amount of links to her, including a hyper-link for her latest money grubbing scheme, the pre-launch sale of her book.  Disgust turned into repulsion when she demanded I also include her bio with the words "other bloggers ask for guests to provide one." 

Admittedly, I have no clue.  I mean, I'm just a writer, with a blog, who is working on a book.  I am no strategist.  I certainly have no idea how to take professional advantage of my friends.  Nor do I ever want to.  *shrug.*  

One thing to note here is that you'll never see me try to earn money from my friends, or on this site.  People have encouraged me to use gogorach.com to supplement my income.  I may be stupid, but I refuse to do it.  I value my readers and friendships too much try to take advantage of you.

This is a blog to inform and entertain, so you have my word "BUY NOW"  will never be seen here.  Lots of blogs are appropriate for sales, but I just I don't think mine is. 

This fact became crystal clear to me when I realized how yucky it felt to advertise the pre-launch of THE GO GO RACH GUIDE TO LIFE.  Sure, I need to make a living, but I don't feel right about trying to sell something that's not finished, especially since I am relatively unknown and have no published works to back up any claims.  I am clear on the boundaries and I want to earn my success with integrity, so I pulled it.

Unfortunately, this word is foreign to some people, especially the bitch who pretended to be my friend, while she tried to use me and my blog for her "career."  My regular readers know I asked some of my friends DIRECTLY to write guest posts while I trained for my new job.  

I appreciate the favors, and I show my feelings with kindness and respect, just like I do with all my friends.  I'm sure they will confirm this, since I've never spammed anyone and I stay in touch.  Douche bag showed up out of nowhere after she read Saturday's post, and I just have to laugh at my final straw with this wench.

Her post was good, so I took the easy way out.  I published it, submitting to her demand for twimps.  I  thought we might end up friends after-all, but quickly realized I am wrong when she reverted to her self-serving behavior.  As I've grown to expect, she ignored me in favor of others who take priority for her endeavors.  

She calls them "friends," too.  I wonder how they feel when she acts like a greedy cunt?  I know one of these folks is just as disturbed as I am and cut her for the same reasons as me. Like most self serving douche bags, she is oblivious.  Oh, and by the way, for someone who claims to have "a large following,"  her piece did not get much play.

Just nine hits, versus nearly a hundred or more in a day received by others, just sayin'.

Of course, I am Go-Go Rach, the crazy one.  As you all know, I ain't afraid to call a spade a spade!  When I realized nothing had changed, I pulled her post and cut our ties, then announced my reasons for doing so to her and the world on twitter and Facebook (ahem, anonymously, of course!).  

The funny thing is how much time she suddenly had available to try to save our "friendship."  She sent three emails, two phone calls, and a text  message, asking me "what happened?"  *DOH* 

When she threatened "to take action" in an attempt to stop me from writing this post, I  enjoyed my final laugh at her expense. I no longer think any of this funny.  I'm really glad I don't have to deal this self-serving douche bag anymore.

As friend, and fellow Blogstress Bangs and a Bun says,"BITCH PLEASE!"  You are a LIAR and a THIEF who steals from people under the guise of "friend." Thems the breaks, SO...

TWIMP GOES THE FRIENDSHIP.

UPDATE: THIS POST MAKES ME WINCE. I AM ASHAMED OF MYSELF FOR THE REACTION AND EXPLOSION I ALLOWED TO DESTROY AN IMPORTANT FRIENDSHIP IN MY LIFE. I HAVE RECONNECTED WITH THIS WOMAN AND I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR HER COMPASSION AND WILLINGNESS TO SPEAK WITH ME AGAIN. I WAS WRONG ON EVERY LEVEL!

Like this? Please Share: 

DeConstrucor's Comment In Response to LETTER TO MY "FRIENDS" IN AA (page above)

"Brav fucking O.....Standing O fucking Vation. Or perhaps the Charlie Daniels quote from the Geico commercial of "thats how you do it son"

That was incredible.

Reminded me a little of "the letter" at the end of the Breakfast Club (perhaps the greatest movie ever)

Keep it up, dont be afraid to kick them in the teeth once in a while.

Always remember that its the misfits, the rebels, and the troublemakers that are the ones that change the world."

He post the following video at the end of his comment.

Thank you, my friend.
I am both Flattered and HONORED.
*STINKIN THINKAS UNITE!*


*This Video is here to support Decon's Words, not OBAMA (or any politician for that matter, since I've never been allowed to vote) Sincerely, Go-Go Rach.